Monday, March 14, 2011

December, January & February

     Sorry I haven't posted anything for the past month & a half the holidays can make us all super busy! I have to tell you about my favorite hobby that I recently picked up! Crochet! I was inspired by a good (knit) friend Abi Polzin who works with my husband as an Emergency Medicine resident. I was amazed when she showed me all the cute things she was knitting especially for babies. I am in that stage of life where now slowly all of the people in my life are starting their families so I thought wouldn't it be great to make handmade gifts for the incoming babies. So I started off with a tons of hats big & small, then cowls and scarfs now I am on to (summer granny square) blanket. I seem to have faded out of scrapbooking and into crocheting! (Don't worry I will get back into the scrapbooking fad again!)

     December was a fast moving month for me, from recovering from Thanksgiving holiday to Christmas shopping, Christmas cookie making w/my mother-in-law, Crocheting gifts and then finishing up with the BIG New Year's Eve party that we had at our house! I enjoyed every minute of December and realized how lucky I am to be blessed with the family members in my life! The relationship I have with my husband  is growing stronger and stronger with every year, I am so thankful to have found such a caring and loving husband. We are getting closer & closer to starting a family ourselves but we want to make sure things are in order with us as a couple before we bring another human being into our lives. We have talked about it and we both think that before Bob's residency is over we should start a family. This would mean a max. of 2 1/2 years till the end of his residency but we are loving the life we have now and I believe we should enjoy it!

February has past us by and I do have to admit that I enjoyed the Valentine dinner Bob prepared for me! Steak, Shrimp Scampi, Baked Potato, Rolls and a 2 pound box of chocolate!

It seems like this winter has been pushing back the nice spring weather and barely within the week in March we will get to feel the temperature in the 60's. I am looking forward to this Summer because I am in my cousins wedding in June and I love all the pre-wedding events! Plus my other cousin is having her first baby and then in October another cousin of mine is getting married! I will be posting pictures of all my finished crochet projects and talk about how I came about making them!

Please check back with me soon! Here was my first Crochet hat that I made for myself!

1 comment:

  1. Nice update! You're still alive!!! When can we hang out?

    ReplyDelete