Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Beginning a New Craft!

Last night I started knitting! 

  To catch you up on my past craft experiences I will let you know that I am a very creative person, heck my day job is in Graphic Design! So my very first craft that I started off with was Scrapbooking. I found a liking for scrapbooking after I got married, last summer 2010. After buying a Cricut which I absolutely love! I created two complete scrapbooks, then came the Fall season well that is when I picked up a magic bottle of Mod Podge & Folk Art acrylic paints and started repurposing accent decor! 
  Then came Christmas and was absolutely in love with a friends' love of Knitting and my love for Crochet sprang up. Starting off learning through online videos and of course picking up TONS of books on Crochet at the West Allis Public Library my first creation has a (green) hat for myself to wear to a Green Bay Packer football game. I also was creating a yellow cowl to wear to the game but could only finish the hat. (By the way my friend Megan will never let me live down the fact that I finished crocheting the hat in the car going to the game! That is her favorite memory from that game.) I have crocheted Hats, cowls, granny squares, amigurumi. It is crazy because I have found myself and my drawers stocked with yarn and until this week I have promised myself that I need to finish off all the yarn in my possession! The last trip I made to Michael's I saw the knitting needles on sale and decided to purchase three sets. So last night I learned how to cast on & garter stitch. Tonight I will learn how to do a purl stitch and my ultimate goal is to knit a cable scarf!
  
 Now that I read over this blog post I notice that I have severe ADHD when it comes to crafts! What do you think is this normal for creative people? I am seriously looking forward to adding crafts in my next day job. Such as creating & maintaining a yarn/craft companies catalog/website/social media network accounts! 
  
 Recently I have been adding more posts to my blog and I have finally decided to join other crochet/knit heads in the "Knitting & Crochet Blog Week" 


What is Knitting and Crochet Blog Week?

This is a week of blogging for knitters and crocheters, where individual bloggers will all simultaneously post about the same topics over the course of seven days, so that for one week readers might be able to read from blog to blog and enjoy a community of bloggers all talking about elements of their craft in their own unique way.

~I am looking forward to adding photos of finished knitted swatches of my new craft! And totally looking forward to blogging during blog week!~ Till next time!


 

1 comment: