Friday, October 29, 2010

Getting ready for Halloween!

As Halloween approaches...
     Last night while I was spray painting my beret hat for my mime costume black I finished my mosaic inspired bottle! My husband finally finished his beverage of choice and I decided to keep the unique shaped bottle for a craft project. So what I did was first apply Mod Podge to the front and back labels and applied DCWV"Whimsy" paper and applied more Mod Podge on top of the paper to make sure they were adhered well. Then the following day I decided to grab my new Folk Art acrylics and start adding bits of mosaic looking dots all around the bottle. The following week I decided to add DCWV"Mariposa" rub-ons transfers onto the Mod Podged labels on the front and back of the bottle. Here is the finished product except I am thinking of adding Mod Podge scrap book paper around the top of the bottle.

This could be a vase used to hold some flowers.
Or you can add some white twinkle lights inside for some ambiance.
Here are both sides! Below you have the top of the bottle.
"Simple Pleasures Are Priceless Treasures"

So my husband and I are going to be traveling from West Allis, WI (our home) to the suburbs of Chicago, IL (where my family lives) for a Halloween costume party tonight! Here is a look at my husbands scary clown costume! SPOOKY huh? Well your probably wondering what my costume is...I am going to be a MIME! You can see my Mime shirt hanging up next to my husband in the picture, I will be posting some pictures of all the creative costumes people come up with this year, stay tuned!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 






No comments:

Post a Comment